PAC-MAN to Tekken, Tamagotchi to Dark Souls, we are a games company steeped in history and BANDAI NAMCO Mobile is the exciting new pillar of the BANDAI NAMCO Group’s mobile strategy, to grow from the #5 global mobile publisher to #1!
We offer a truly flat structure, full role autonomy and the creative freedom of a start- up, whilst still having the legacy, resources and stability of BANDAI NAMCO, a global gaming powerhouse. Our goal in Barcelona is to enrich BANDAI NAMCO's list of successful IPs by creating original and innovative mobile games.
Our Games Team
Everybody in our Games team is first and foremost, a Game Maker and you will be no different. You will be working in small teams to rapidly design, prototype and iterate game ideas from yourself and the team, so although a master of your own discipline, you will still have a huge voice when it comes to concepting and designing Games at BANDAI NAMCO Mobile. Due to this, it is imperative that you can bring a deep understanding of the Mobile F2P Gaming Market.
Although an experienced voice when it comes to Video Games, you understand that there is always more to learn from both your peers and from the community. You are flexible and open to change within a fast-paced team environment and a firm believer that world class games begin with a world class team. You understand that processes are not written in stone to be followed regardless, that everything can always be changed and improved, and that change can bring innovation.
We are seeking a veteran designer to collaborate and help drive the design of fresh new mobile games at BANDAI NAMCO Mobile. As a Design Generalist, it is important you are well versed in all aspects of game design including gameplay, mechanics, balancing, systems, and most importantly establishing a great game feel. You will be working within small teams to discuss, plan, and prototype innovative gameplay to provide an experience to players like no other. As part of the Design team, you will also contribute to develop best practices and strengthen the Design department.
As we are in the early stages of development currently, your ability to prototype, define the right questions that the prototype must answer, and iterate with the rest of the development team is paramount. With this, you must be able to look at your ideas from an outside perspective, decide collectively when and why to kill a project, and be ready to start the next one incorporating new learnings.
- 5+ years of experience as Game Designer (currently being Senior or Above), and at least 1 mobile F2P title launched/live
- A willingness to innovate and disrupt the market with new genres and experiences
- Clear & concise communicator of game concepts
- Hunger and passion for making and playing games; being curious and thinking critically about why some games do become global hits
- Extensive knowledge of the Design process, having participated in all stages of game development, from prototype to live operations across several titles.
- Able to facilitate and contribute to group ideation sessions, gather feedback, and define action points for future iterations.
- An understanding of the constraints and challenges of designing from scratch mobile F2P games able to engage players for years
- Able to constructively critique ideas or designs from the team, whilst welcoming and integrating feedback on your own work.
- A proactive and productive, self-management approach to Game development.
- Programming skills (C#, Unity) would be a welcome addition, but not necessary for the role.